Coal Zine was started by Kelsey, a self-taught digital collagist. Originally from the Caribbean, she now lives in the Mid-West. The Zine seeks to highlight digital collages that put women of color, at the center of the work.
Coal Zine has a strong preference for work that disrupts the prevailing visual narratives of women of color. In general we welcome surrealism, work that highlights the whimsical, fairytalesque and playfulness of womanhood.
- We publish monthly.
- Contributors can submit up to three times per year. Please allow 4 months between submissions.
- You may submit 3 – 5 collages at a time. Please send in JPG, TIF or PNG.
- Please include contact information (name and email address); any relevant links to a website and/or social media; the titles of each image; and a 50 word or less art statement with your submission.
- Send submissions to email@example.com.
- We unfortunately cannot offer payment, but art will receive exposure before it is archived on our site. All rights are the artist’s. The artist retains copyright and full ownership of the images.